Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations jobs in Canada
104 520 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 67 800 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 117 180 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 74 150 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 115 600 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, hospital administration, finance or other discipline related to the service provided is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a middle manager in a related institution or organization are usually required.
- Specialization in a particular functional area or service is possible through specific university or college training in that area or through previous experience.
- Senior managers in finance usually require a professional accounting designation.
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors. They are employed in health care organizations, educational services, social and community services and membership organizations.
- Establish objectives for the organization or institution and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions.
- chairperson, arts and culture association
- chairperson, scientific association
- chief financial officer (CFO), educational institution
- corporate controller, social services institution
- executive director, automobile association
- executive director, health services institution
- executive director, professional association
- executive director, voluntary organization
- general manager, membership organization
- president, business association
- president, labour organization
- president, music guild