Physicists and astronomers jobs in Canada
95 040 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 69 650 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 52 600 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 77 640 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 97 470 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Physicists usually require a master's or doctoral degree in a field of physics, engineering physics, or in a related discipline.
- Astronomers usually require a master's or doctoral degree in astronomy or in a related discipline.
Physicists conduct theoretical and applied research to extend knowledge of natural phenomena and to develop new processes and devices in fields such as electronics, communications, power generation and distribution, aerodynamics, optics and lasers, remote sensing, biotechnology, medicine and health. They are employed by electronic, electrical and aerospace manufacturing companies, telecommunications companies, power utilities, university and government research laboratories, hospitals and by a wide range of other processing, manufacturing, and research and consulting firms. Astronomers conduct observational and theoretical research to extend knowledge of the universe. They are employed by government and universities.
- Design and conduct research in experimental and theoretical physics
- Carry out analysis of research data and prepare research reports
- Participate as a member of a research or development team in the design and development of experimental, industrial or medical equipment, instrumentation and procedures.
- Design and conduct observational surveys, conduct detailed analyses and develop numerical models to extend knowledge of celestial bodies and cosmic radiation
- Develop or participate in the development of instrumentation and software for astronomical observation and analysis.
- acoustics physicist
- atmospheric physicist
- experimental physicist
- health physicist
- medical physicist
- nuclear physicist
- optics physicist
- plasma physicist
- radio astronomer
- research scientist, aerospace
- research scientist, electronics
- research scientist, physics
- research scientist, remote sensing
- solid-state physicist