Other professional occupations in physical sciences jobs in Canada
82 520 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 56 950 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 65 340 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 67 450 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 90 460 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree in metallurgy, physics, chemistry, or a related physical science discipline is required.
- A master's or doctoral degree is usually required for employment as a research scientist.
- Advanced degrees in a broad range of applied science areas, such as engineering or medicine or Licences may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
This group includes metallurgists, soil scientists and physical scientists and researchers, not elsewhere classified, involved in the conduct of theoretical and applied research in fields of physical science. They are employed by governments, educational institutions and a wide range of industrial establishments.
- Metallurgists conduct studies into the properties and production of metals and alloys.
- Soil scientists conduct research into the composition, distribution and evolution of soils.
- Materials scientists conduct research into the properties, composition and production of materials such as ceramics and composite materials.
- Astronauts command, pilot or serve as crew members of a spacecraft to conduct scientific experiments and research, and participate in space missions as mission specialists to maintain spacecraft, install and repair space station equipment and launch and recapture satellites.
- ballistics examiner
- materials scientist
- physical metallurgist
- research scientist - ceramics
- research scientist - composite materials
- soil scientist