Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists jobs in Canada
60 770 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 33 720 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 57 290 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 57 670 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 62 640 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in agriculture or in a related science is required.
- Membership or eligibility for membership in a provincial institute of agrology is usually required.
- In Quebec, membership in the Ordre professionnel des agronomes is mandatory.
Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists provide assistance and advice to farmers on all aspects of farm management, cultivation, fertilization, harvesting, soil erosion and composition, disease prevention, nutrition, crop rotation and marketing. They are employed by businesses, institutions and governments that assist the farming community, or they may be self-employed.
- Provide counselling and advisory services to farmers on crop cultivation and fertilization, harvesting, animal and poultry care, disease prevention, farm management, farm financing, marketing and other agricultural subjects
- Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other groups
- Conduct research, analyze agricultural data and prepare research reports
- Liaise with researchers, educators and government or business managers on matters pertaining to farming and agriculture
- Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given.
- agricultural consultant
- agricultural extension supervisor
- agricultural livestock specialist
- agricultural representative
- agricultural soil and crop specialist
- consulting agrologist
- crop specialist
- farm management consultant
- field service adviser - agriculture
- field service agent - agriculture
- growers' advisor
- professional agrologist (P.Ag.)