Mechanical engineers jobs in Canada
90 290 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 50 710 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 71 070 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 80 150 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 92 980 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
Mechanical engineers research, design and develop machinery and systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning, power generation, transportation, processing and manufacturing. They also perform duties related to the evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. Mechanical engineers are employed by consulting firms, by power-generating utilities and in a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries, or they may be self-employed.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
- Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilities
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
- acoustics engineer
- automotive engineer
- design engineer - mechanical
- energy conservation engineer
- engineer, power generation
- fluid mechanics engineer
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) engineer
- mechanical engineer
- mechanical maintenance engineer
- nuclear engineer
- piping engineer
- refrigeration engineer
- robotics engineer
- thermal design engineer
- tool engineer