Electrical and electronics engineers jobs in Canada
93 720 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 82 840 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 74 560 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 81 940 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 96 530 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree in electrical or electronics engineering or in an appropriate related engineering discipline is required.
- A master's or doctoral degree in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.
Electrical and electronics engineers design, plan, research, evaluate and test electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and by a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries and government.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, electrical machinery and components and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems, equipment, and components
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
- Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers.
- avionics engineer
- control systems engineer
- design engineer, electrical
- distribution planning engineer, electrical
- electrical engineer
- electrical network engineer
- electronics engineer
- instrumentation and control engineer
- planning engineer, electrical systems
- process control engineer, electrical
- roadway lighting design engineer
- television systems engineer
- test engineer, electronics