Mining engineers jobs in Canada
144 070 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
High school diploma or equivalent : 130 630 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 96 050 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 148 950 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree in mining engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
Mining engineers plan, design, organize and supervise the development of mines, mine facilities, systems and equipment; and prepare and supervise the extraction of metallic or non-metallic minerals and ores from underground or surface mines. Mining engineers are employed by mining companies, consulting engineering companies, manufacturers, government and in educational and research institutions.
- Conduct preliminary surveys and studies of ore, mineral or coal deposits to assess the economic and environmental feasibility of potential mining operations
- Determine the appropriate means of safely and efficiently mining deposits
- Determine and advise on appropriate drilling and blasting methods for mining, construction or demolition
- Design shafts, ventilation systems, mine services, haulage systems and supporting structures
- Design, develop and implement computer applications such as for mine design, mine modelling, mapping or for monitoring mine conditions
- Plan and design or select mining equipment and machinery and mineral treatment machinery and equipment in collaboration with other engineering specialists
- Plan, organize and supervise the development of mines and mine structures and the operation and maintenance of mines
- Prepare operations and project estimates, schedules and reports
- Implement and co-ordinate mine safety programs
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of technicians, technologists, survey personnel, and other engineers and scientists.
- mine design engineer
- mine development engineer
- mine layout engineer
- mine production engineer
- mine safety engineer
- mine ventilation engineer
- mineral engineer
- mining engineer