Purchasing managers jobs in Canada
90 180 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 79 730 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 85 640 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 84 740 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 99 120 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
- Purchasing managers responsible for units purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related degree or diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasing managers responsible for purchasing industrial products.
- The designation Supply Chain Management Professional (S.C.M.P.) or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada may be required.
- Several years of experience as a purchasing agent or officer are required.
Purchasing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a purchasing department and develop and implement the purchasing policies of a business or institution. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of an establishment
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Interview, hire and oversee training of staff.
- contract manager
- food purchasing manager
- manager, purchasing contracts
- material manager
- procurement director
- purchasing director
- supply chain logistics manager