Other professional engineers, n.e.c. jobs in Canada
90 860 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 43 500 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 76 360 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 85 620 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 92 460 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline is required.
- A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports, and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
This unit group includes agricultural and bio-resource engineers, biomedical engineers, engineering physicists and engineering scientists, marine and naval engineers, textile engineers and other specialized engineering occupations which are not classified elsewhere.
- Agricultural and bio-resource engineers design and develop machinery, structures, equipment and systems related to agriculture and food processing.
- Biomedical engineers design and develop medical diagnostic and clinical instrumentation, equipment and procedures; develop devices to assist persons with disabilities; advise hospital administrators on planning, acquisition and use of medical equipment; and modify and install or supervise installation of equipment.
- Engineering physicists and engineering scientists conduct research, develop processes, programs and equipment to expand fundamental knowledge in the applied sciences and engineering and to support advanced engineering and scientific applications.
- Marine and naval engineers design and develop marine vessels and floating structures and associated marine power plants, propulsion systems and related systems and equipment and oversee the building, maintenance and repair of vessels and marine systems.
- Textile engineers design and develop processes, equipment and procedures for the production of fibres, yarns and textiles.
- agricultural engineer
- biomedical engineer
- bio-resource engineer
- engineering physicist
- engineering scientist
- food processing engineer
- marine engineer
- naval architect
- textile engineer