Conservation and fishery officers jobs in Canada
64 090 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 49 550 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 56 120 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 65 220 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 66 330 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of a college program in renewable resources management, environmental conservation or a related discipline is usually required.
- On-the-job training and courses related to law enforcement and resource management are provided.
- A class-5 driver's licence, pesticide applicator's licence and explosives licence may be required.
This unit group includes conservation and fishery officers, inspectors and observers who enforce federal and provincial regulations established for the protection of fish, wildlife and other natural resources and collect and relay information on resource management. They are employed by federal and provincial government departments.
- Generate public awareness of fish and wildlife conservation and regulations
- Conduct patrols by truck, aircraft, boat, or on foot, to ensure compliance with the provincial and federal statutes relating to fish, wildlife and the environment
- Investigate complaints, arrest violators, prepare briefs and present evidence in court
- Issue licences, export documents and special permits and collect royalties assessed on fish, wildlife and timber resources
- Implement and supervise approved techniques in preventing or overcoming damage caused by wildlife
- Perform resource protection duties, such as inspecting fishing gear and equipment and monitoring fishing activities for compliance with regulations
- Gather resource data by making inventories of fish, collecting water samples and assisting biologists in scientific research
- Supervise or provide firearms safety training courses and trapper education courses.
- conservation officer
- fish and wildlife officer
- fishery officer
- forest ranger - wildlife management
- game officer
- game warden
- natural resources officer
- park ranger