Construction estimators jobs in Canada
71 640 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 62 320 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 69 580 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 71 830 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 75 240 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a three-year college program in civil or construction engineering technology or Several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade such as plumbing, carpentry or electrical, are required.
- Certification by the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors is usually required.
Construction estimators analyze costs of and prepare estimates on civil engineering, architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical construction projects. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and major electrical, mechanical and trade contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules.
- chief estimator - construction
- construction estimator
- cost estimator - construction
- principal estimator - construction
- professional quantity surveyor
- quantity surveyor - construction