Banking, credit and other investment managers jobs in Canada
104 420 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 57 120 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 69 380 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 74 940 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 143 220 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, economics or a related field is usually required.
- A master's degree in business administration, finance or management science may be required for the management of large commercial loans.
- Completion of company or other management training programs is usually required.
- Several years of experience within the industry, including supervisory experience, are required.
Banking, credit and other investment managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of financial establishments or operational departments within such establishments, or credit departments in industrial and commercial establishments. They oversee business development and manage overall performance in accordance with established strategic directions and policies. Banking managers are employed by banks, trust companies and credit unions. Credit managers are employed by credit departments in department stores, utility companies, car dealerships, insurance companies or other industrial or commercial organizations. Other investment managers are employed by credit card companies, consumer loan companies, mutual fund investment firms, mortgage investment companies or other financial establishments concerned with extending loans and financing and investments.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the branch operations of a bank, trust company, credit union or similar financial institution or of a department in such an institution responsible for administering personal and commercial loans, buying and selling securities, operating investment funds, administering trusts, settling estates or other related activities
- Ensure the institution's policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and make recommendations for improvement
- Network to develop business relations, promote the sale of loan, investment and other banking services and attract corporate and individual customers
- Interview corporate and individual customers and respond to customer enquiries
- Analyze, review and approve or reject loan and credit applications in accordance with authorized limits
- Monitor processing of loan applications and credit investigations
- Oversee preparation of monthly financial and branch progress reports
- Recruit personnel and identify their training needs.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a credit department in an industrial or commercial organization
- Administer corporate, commercial and personal loan accounts
- Advise customers on the commercial and personal financial services corresponding to their needs
- Evaluate and review loan and credit applications and collateral and make recommendations
- Approve or reject credit applications, establish credit limits and determine repayment plans or schedules in accordance with authorized limits
- Ensure collection of overdue or delinquent accounts
- Ensure credit policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and applicable legislation
- Prepare credit and loan reports
- Recruit credit personnel and identify their training needs.
- assistant operations manager - banking, credit and investment
- bank manager
- collection centre manager
- commercial banking manager
- corporate banking centre manager
- credit manager
- credit union manager
- manager, banking operations
- manager, corporate services - banking, credit and investment
- manager, credit card centre
- manager, personal services - banking, credit and investment
- mortgage and consumer credit manager
- operations manager, credit card company
- regional collection manager
- trust company manager