Construction inspectors jobs in Canada
62 510 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 72 810 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 60 020 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 63 070 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 59 690 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma in construction, civil engineering or architectural technology plus several years of related work experience or Several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade, such as plumbing, carpentry or electrical trade are required.
- Provincial certification in a skilled trade or as an engineering technologist is usually required.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.
Construction inspectors inspect the construction and maintenance of new and existing buildings, bridges, highways and industrial construction to ensure that specifications and building codes are observed and monitor work site safety. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, construction companies, architectural and civil engineering consulting firms or they may be self-employed.
- Examine plans, drawings, and site layouts for new buildings, building renovations and other proposed structures
- Inspect construction of buildings, bridges, dams, highways and other types of building and engineering construction for conformance to drawings, specifications, building codes or other applicable ordinances
- Inspect and test electrical or plumbing installations in buildings to ensure compliance with municipal, provincial and federal regulations
- Inspect steel framework, concrete forms, reinforcing steel mesh and rods, concrete or pre-stressed concrete to ensure quality standards and to verify conformance to specifications and building codes
- Inspect construction of sewer systems and pipelines
- Inspect construction sites to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained
- Inspect existing buildings to identify and report on structural defects, fire hazards and other threats to safety
- Inspect new or resale homes on behalf of clients and assess and provide reports on the physical condition of property.
- bridge inspector
- building construction inspector
- construction inspector
- highway construction inspector
- home inspector
- housing construction inspector
- mine inspector, construction
- plumbing inspector
- pre-stressed concrete inspector
- safety officer - construction