Dentists jobs in Canada
139 330 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
High school diploma or equivalent : 47 180 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 72 650 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 142 610 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- One to four years of pre-dentistry university studies or, in Quebec, completion of a college program in sciences and A university degree from a recognized dental program are required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial regulatory body is required.
- Dentists in general practice can move into a specialized practice through advanced training.
- Licensing for specializations is required.
Dentists diagnose, treat, prevent and control disorders of the teeth and mouth. They work in private practice or may be employed in hospitals, clinics, public health facilities or universities.
- Examine patients' teeth, gums and surrounding tissue to diagnose disease, injury and decay and plan appropriate treatment
- Restore, extract and replace diseased and decayed teeth
- Perform oral surgery, periodontal surgery and other treatments
- Clean teeth and instruct patients on oral hygiene
- Design bridgework, fit dentures and provide appliances to correct abnormal positioning of the teeth and jaws, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for use by denturists and dental technicians
- Supervise dental hygienists, dental assistants and other staff.
- oral and maxillofacial surgeon
- oral pathologist
- oral radiologist
- pediatric dentist
- public health dentist