University professors and lecturers jobs in Canada
103 430 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 39 460 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 92 210 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 72 230 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 104 220 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A doctoral degree in the field of specialization is required for university professors.
- A master's degree in the field of specialization is required for university lecturers.
- Licences or professional certification may be required for professors teaching future practitioners in certain professionally regulated fields, such as medicine, engineering, architecture, psychology or law.
University professors and lecturers teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students and conduct research at universities. University professors who are heads of departments are included in this unit group.
- Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students
- Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups
- Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports
- Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions
- Direct research programs of graduate students and advise on research matters
- Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books
- May serve on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and perform a variety of administrative duties
- May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers
- May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.
- assistant professor, botany - university
- associate professor, linguistics
- chairperson, food sciences department - university
- chairperson, physics department - university
- computer science professor - university
- department head, geography - university
- English professor - university
- French language professor - university
- lecturer - university
- professor of medicine - university
- university instructor, engineering
- university professor