College and other vocational instructors jobs in Canada
67 200 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 61 490 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 58 140 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 65 280 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 69 500 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree, a college diploma or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction is required.
- A master's degree in the field of instruction may be required.
- A certificate, diploma or degree in adult education may be required.
- For instructors of trades, completion of apprenticeship training and industry or trade certification are required. Additional courses in teaching or a provincial teaching certificate may be required.
This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
- Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
- Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
- Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
- Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training
- Supervise teaching assistants
- May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations
- May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
- CEGEP teacher
- college teacher
- commercial art instructor
- community college teacher
- company trainer
- computer training instructor
- department chairperson - college
- department head - CEGEP
- firefighting instructor
- instructor - technology institute
- language school instructor
- lecturer - college
- teacher - institute of technology
- teacher, legal assistant program
- training officer - company
- vocational institute teacher