Architecture and science managers jobs in Canada
94 470 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 43 210 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 70 090 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 82 840 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 101 000 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Architecture managers require a degree in architecture, registration as a professional architect and several years of experience as an architect.
- Landscape architecture managers require a degree in landscape architecture, licensing as a professional landscape architect and several years of experience as a landscape architect.
- Science and other managers in this unit group require a master's or doctoral degree in a scientific discipline and several years of experience in a related scientific discipline.
Architecture and science managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific or statistical department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments as well as by architectural firms and scientific research companies.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific research and development laboratory or quality control department, service or firm
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the architectural, scientific and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the theoretical or applied scientific work of the department
- May consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals or present architectural or scientific research reports and findings.
- architectural manager
- chief actuary
- director of research - forestry
- director of research - manufacturing
- director of research - mining
- director, agricultural chemistry branch
- landscape architecture manager
- manager, life sciences program
- manager, petroleum geology department
- scientific research department manager
- statistical service manager