Computer and information systems managers jobs in Canada
102 260 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 67 980 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 92 690 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 91 700 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 112 470 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or engineering is usually required.
- Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.
Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems development and operations
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
- Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
- computer systems manager
- data centre manager
- data processing director
- EDP (electronic data processing) manager
- information systems manager
- manager, data processing and systems analysis
- manager, management information system (MIS)
- manager, software engineering
- software development manager
- systems development manager