Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants jobs in Canada
74 290 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 59 080 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 61 610 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 71 600 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 77 870 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree in economics, commerce, business administration or public administration is required.
- Certification as a certified economic developer (Ec.D.) may be required.
Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants conduct research, formulate policies and manage programs to stimulate industrial and commercial business investment or tourism in urban and rural areas, or to promote commercial or industrial products and services. They are employed by government departments, international organizations, marketing firms and business associations or may be self-employed.
- Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas
- Design market research questionnaires
- Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess development potential and future trends
- Plan development projects and co-ordinate activities with representatives of a wide variety of industrial and commercial enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital
- Respond to enquiries from members of the business community and general public concerning development opportunities
- Review and evaluate commercial or industrial development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale or retail consumers
- Evaluate customer service and store environments
- Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
- Develop social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development.
- Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
- Plan and develop E-commerce strategies
- Provide consultation on planning and starting of new businesses.
- business development officer
- community economic development consultant
- economic development officer
- industrial development officer
- market researcher
- marketing analyst
- marketing consultant - market research
- regional development analyst
- tourism development officer
- tourism industry consultant