Managers in health care jobs in Canada
82 910 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 52 190 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 58 090 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 71 670 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 92 260 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Administrators of departments such as surgery, clinical medicine or laboratory medicine are usually required to have the education and training of a specialist physician.
- Administrators of other departments, such as nursing, dietetics or physiotherapy, are usually required to have the education and training of the medical professionals in that department.
- Several years of experience in the relevant profession, including supervisory experience, are usually required.
- Certification in the relevant profession is required.
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services, such as diagnosis and treatment, nursing and therapy, within institutions, and in other settings, that provide health care services. They are employed in hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes and other health care organizations.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services within a department of a health care institution, or in other settings where health care services are provided
- Consult with boards of directors and senior managers to maintain and establish standards for the provision of health care services
- Develop evaluation systems to monitor the quality of health care given to patients
- Monitor the use of diagnostic services, in-patient beds and facilities to ensure effective use of resources
- Develop and implement plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in their department or establishment
- Plan and control departmental or establishment budget
- Represent the department or establishment at meetings with government officials, the public, the media and other organizations
- Supervise health care supervisors and professionals
- Recruit health care staff of the department or establishment.
- chief of anesthesia
- chief of emergency medicine
- chief of medical staff
- director of clinical medicine
- director of dietetics
- director of laboratory medicine
- director of nursing - medical services
- director of occupational therapy
- director of physiotherapy
- director of surgery
- director, rehabilitation services
- home care services director - medical services
- medical clinic director
- mental health residential care program manager