By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers, n.e.c. jobs in Canada
56 780 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 44 870 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 54 130 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 59 090 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 56 300 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program or courses in law and security or other related field or Experience in a related administrative or regulatory occupation is usually required.
- Zoning inspectors or zoning enforcement officers may require a college diploma as a civil engineering or architectural technologist or technician and several years of experience in enforcement and/or building construction or a related field.
- On-the-job training is provided.
Officers and inspectors in this unit group enforce by-laws and regulations of provincial and municipal governments. They are employed by provincial and municipal governments and agencies.
- Animal control officers respond to citizen complaints concerning stray domestic animals, livestock and wildlife; issue warnings and citations to owners; and impound lost, homeless and dangerous animals.
- By-law enforcement officers enforce municipal and provincial regulations, investigate complaints, and issue warnings and citations to commercial and residential property owners and occupants.
- Commercial transport inspectors inspect commercial vehicles to ensure compliance with regulations governing load restrictions, the transportation of hazardous materials and public safety.
- Garbage collection inspectors investigate complaints concerning infractions of garbage collection by-laws.
- Liquor licence inspectors conduct inspections of licensed establishments, advise licencees on laws and regulations, and report contravention of laws and regulations to provincial liquor control boards and agencies.
- Parking control officers enforce parking by-laws on city streets, regional roads and municipal properties.
- Taxi inspectors inspect taxicabs for mechanical reliability, cleanliness, licensing and meter accuracy; investigate public complaints, issue citations and prepare reports; and give evidence to city councils, taxi commissions and in court.
- Zoning inspectors investigate properties in violation of zoning and related by-laws, after receiving requests for licence clearances pertaining to zoning and related by-laws, and on receipt of building permit applications.
- animal control officer
- by-law enforcement officer
- commercial transport inspector
- garbage collection inspector
- liquor licence inspector
- parking control officer
- property standards inspector
- taxi inspector
- zoning inspector