Conductors, composers and arrangers jobs in Canada
36 780 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 26 500 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 34 490 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 28 280 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 43 860 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A university degree in music or completion of a program at a music academy, conservatory or school of music is usually required.
- A period of specialized study related to conducting, composing or arranging is usually required.
- Experience as a musician is required.
- Musical and creative talent and ability, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are important hiring criteria.
This unit group includes those who conduct bands and orchestras, compose musical works and arrange instrumental and vocal compositions. They are employed by symphony and chamber orchestras, bands, choirs, sound recording companies, and orchestras for ballet and opera performances, or they may be self-employed.
- Conductors select and interpret musical works and lead bands, orchestras and choirs during rehearsals and performances.
- Composers create musical compositions such as television and film scores, theme music, songs, symphonies and music for interactive products such as video games.
- Arrangers adapt and modify musical compositions to convey desired themes and to suit particular instrumental and vocal performances.
- choir director
- music adapter
- musical director