Actors and comedians jobs in Canada
33 020 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 83 710 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 33 560 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 29 590 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 30 370 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Demonstrated ability, based on an audition or previous acting roles, is an important hiring criteria.
- Acting programs are offered at universities, colleges and private acting schools.
- Acting teachers usually require experience as actors.
- Membership in a guild or union may be required.
Actors and comedians perform roles in motion picture, television, theatre and radio productions to entertain a variety of audiences. They are employed by motion picture, television, theatre and other production companies. This unit group includes acting teachers employed by private acting schools.
- Study and rehearse lines, gestures and expressions to interpret a role
- Portray roles in video or motion picture productions, television shows, theatre productions, radio dramas, commercials and other productions or perform the narration
- Sing or dance as required by specific roles
- Perform comedy acts in nightclubs alone or as members of comedy troupes
- Improvise a role.
- Train students in interpretation of scripts, speech, movement, and dramatic theory
- Prepare acting students for specific auditions and performances.
- acting teacher - private or studio
- drama teacher - private or studio