Government managers - economic analysis, policy development and program administration jobs in Canada
94 270 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 84 250 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 83 430 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 84 260 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 99 560 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, commerce or public administration is required.
- A master's degree in economics or a related field may be required.
- Several years of experience as an economist, economic development officer or socio-economic researcher are required.
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate economic policy, research and programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour markets, transportation or agriculture. They also plan and direct policies and programs to promote industrial and commercial business development in urban and rural areas. They are employed in government departments and agencies.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development of economic policy research projects and economic programs
- Participate in the development of departmental policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise economists and other professional staff who conduct economic research, prepare reports or administer programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour, transportation or agriculture
- Direct and advise economic development officers or other staff administering programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban or rural areas
- Plan, administer and control research and administration budgets for projects, support services, equipment or supplies
- Organize and direct committees evaluating departmental or agency projects or programs
- Interview, hire and oversee training and professional development.
- border services manager
- business development director - government services
- chief, economic analysis - government services
- customs manager - government services
- director, economic policy analysis - government services
- director, excise tax programs - government services
- director, farm products marketing - government services
- economic development director - government services
- energy market analysis director - government services
- forest resource analysis chief - government services
- international trade policy manager - government services
- manager, grain market analysis - government services
- revenue programs manager - government services
- tax policy research manager - government services
- taxation manager
- tourism development manager - government services
- trade development director