Broadcast technicians jobs in Canada
62 090 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 44 950 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 54 580 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 61 860 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 72 590 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of a college program in broadcast technology or electronics is usually required.
- Senior and supervisory positions in this unit group require experience.
Broadcast technicians install, set up, test, operate and repair electronic equipment used to record and transmit live and taped radio and television programs and to produce audio and video streaming broadcasts for the Internet. They are employed by radio and television broadcasting networks and stations, by broadcast equipment companies and by Internet-based communication providers.
- Monitor broadcast quality of live and taped radio and television programs
- Operate and monitor radio and television broadcasting systems to broadcast, receive signals and to regulate clarity and range of sounds and colours of recordings or broadcasts
- Operate broadcast equipment to produce audio and video streaming broadcasts for the Internet
- Make emergency repairs to equipment and substitute programs in case of signal failure
- Maintain, install and troubleshoot a wide variety of broadcast hardware and software
- Set up and operate consoles to pick up and select feed sources from different locations and to air radio or television programs and commercials
- May supervise other broadcast technicians.
- broadcast engineer
- broadcast technician
- broadcast transmitter operator
- broadcasting switcher
- master control room (MCR) equipment operator - broadcasting
- master control room (MCR) technician - broadcasting
- mobile broadcasting equipment operator
- regional transmitter technician
- short-wave receiving station technician
- video transmission operator