Government managers - education policy development and program administration jobs in Canada
99 140 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
High school diploma or equivalent : 84 120 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 80 310 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 103 700 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree in education is required.
- A master's degree in a particular educational specialization may be required.
- Several years of combined experience as a school teacher and as a government educational policy researcher, consultant or program officer are usually required.
- A provincial teaching certificate is usually required.
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies.
- Participate in the development of education policy by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise policy researchers or program officers conducting research, preparing documents or administering educational programs for elementary and secondary school systems
- Plan, administer and control budgets for projects, programs, support services, equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate education projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
- director, education curriculum development
- director, education policy analysis and research
- education director
- manager, education program administration
- school inspection director - public administration