Other managers in public administration jobs in Canada
91 170 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 66 550 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 77 450 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 84 820 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 98 630 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A bachelor's degree in a social science discipline, law or business administration is required.
- Several years of experience in government policy development, research or program administration, or in a professional occupation in social science, law or business administration are usually required.
Managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development of policies and programs which govern the daily operations of legislatures and other activities unique to government such as intergovernmental affairs and elections. They are employed by government departments, agencies and legislative bodies.
- Participate in the development of policies and programs by providing advice to senior government managers of legislatures or departments or agencies involved in activities unique to government
- Organize government unit or agency and establish procedures to meet objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff conducting research, preparing documents or providing administrative support
- Plan, administer and control research and administration budgets for projects, programs, equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
- clerk of the committee, Legislative Assembly
- director, elections planning
- director, federal-provincial relations
- director, intergovernmental affairs