Cleaning supervisors jobs in Canada
47 080 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 43 860 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 42 120 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 52 360 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 48 260 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Previous experience in a particular area of cleaning is usually required.
- Previous supervisory experience may be required.
Cleaning supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Light Duty Cleaners (6731), Specialized Cleaners (6732), and Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents (6733). Cleaning supervisors are employed by hospitals and other health care institutions, hotels, motels, schools and other educational institutions, commercial and industrial establishments, home and office cleaning establishments and by various specialized cleaning companies.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of light duty, industrial or specialized cleaners and janitors
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure established safety and cleanliness standards are met
- Recommend or arrange for additional services required such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment
- Hire and train cleaning staff
- Prepare work schedule and co-ordinate activities with those of other departments
- Prepare budget, estimate costs and keep financial records
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs
- May perform certain cleaning duties.
- building cleaning supervisor
- carpet cleaning supervisor
- cleaning supervisor
- head custodian
- housekeeping supervisor
- window washing supervisor