Bartenders jobs in Canada
22 240 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 21 640 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 21 370 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 23 230 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 23 880 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Completion of college or other program in bartending or Completion of courses in mixing drinks is usually required.
- Responsible beverage service certification may be required.
Bartenders mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and other licensed establishments. Supervisors of bartenders are included in this unit group.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Mix liquor, soft drinks, water and other ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages for food and beverage servers or serve directly to patrons
- Collect payment for beverages and record sales
- Maintain inventory and control of bar stock and order supplies
- Clean bar area and wash glassware
- Ensure compliance with provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- May train and supervise other bartenders and bar staff
- May hire and dismiss staff.
- bar attendant
- bar steward
- head bartender