Casino occupations jobs in Canada
39 870 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 35 920 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 37 380 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 43 000 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 41 620 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided for gaming table dealers.
- Security clearance is required for all casino workers.
- Casino gaming licences are usually required for all casino employees.
Casino workers operate gaming tables, maintain slot machines, accept keno wagers, pay out winning bets and jackpots and collect losing bets. They are employed by casinos.
- Operate gaming tables and games such as roulette, blackjack, keno, baccarat and poker
- Explain rules of games to patrons and ensure that rules are followed
- Accept keno wagers and issue computerized tickets for selection
- Determine winners or announce winning numbers
- Calculate and pay out winning bets and jackpots, collect losing bets and maintain related reports
- Fill slot machines with coins and assist patrons experiencing difficulties with machines
- Perform minor adjustments to slot machines.
- keno runner, casino
- keno writer