Commissioned police officers jobs in Canada
103 290 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
High school diploma or equivalent : 98 540 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 100 140 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 112 050 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree in the social sciences or in business administration may be required.
- Several years of experience as a police officer are required.
Commissioned police officers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate police force administration and police activities such as maintaining law and order and detecting and preventing crime. They are employed by municipal, provincial and federal governments. This unit group includes officers from the rank of staff sergeant to police commissioner. Commissioned officers in the railway police are also included in this unit group.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a police force or division of a police force
- Develop and implement police force policies and procedures
- Oversee police investigations and ensure that procedures are conducted in accordance with laws and regulations
- Assess performance of subordinates and authorize promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions.
- chief superintendent
- deputy police chief
- harbour police chief
- police chief
- police lieutenant
- police superintendent
- railway police chief
- RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) commissioner
- staff inspector