Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations jobs in Canada
83 900 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 68 000 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 74 290 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 85 910 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 90 500 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a relevant trade are required.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification in a relevant trade is required.
This unit group includes telecommunications and electrical trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Electricians (7241), Industrial Electricians (7242), Power System Electricians (7243), Electrical Power Line and Cable Workers (7244), Telecommunications Line and Cable Workers (7245), Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246) and Cable Television Service and Maintenance Technicians (7247). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain electrical wiring, fixtures and control devices, power systems, telecommunication systems and cablevision systems
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments or subcontractors
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of their own companies
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
- electrical contractor
- foreman/woman, cablevision technicians
- foreman/woman, construction electricians
- foreman/woman, industrial electricians
- foreman/woman, power line and cable workers
- foreman/woman, power system electricians
- foreman/woman, telecommunications installation and repair workers
- supervisor, cable maintenance and repair
- supervisor, plant electricians
- supervisor, residential electricians