Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades jobs in Canada
87 250 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 79 130 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 65 520 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 91 090 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 92 260 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a relevant trade are required.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification in a relevant trade is required.
This unit group includes plumbing and other pipefitting trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Plumbers (7251), Steamfitters, Pipefitters and Sprinkler System Installers (7252) and Gas Fitters (7253). They are employed by construction companies, mechanical, plumbing and pipefitting trade contractors and maintenance departments of industrial, commercial and manufacturing establishments.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain piping systems used for the transmission of steam, heat, water, oil and other liquids and gases in residential, commercial, industrial and other installations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare schedules and other reports
- May manage the operations of their own companies
- May supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
- contractor, pipefitting
- contractor, plumbing
- foreman/woman, gas fitters
- foreman/woman, pipefitters
- foreman/woman, plumbers
- foreman/woman, sprinkler system installers
- foreman/woman, steamfitters
- supervisor, gas fitters
- supervisor, plumbers
- supervisor, steamfitters