Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades jobs in Canada
59 940 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 53 290 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 56 200 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 63 470 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 61 960 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a qualified carpenter or cabinetmaker are required.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification as a carpenter or cabinetmaker is usually required.
This unit group includes carpentry and cabinetmaking trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Carpenters (7271) and Cabinetmakers (7272). They are employed by construction companies, carpentry contractors, maintenance departments of industrial establishments, and custom furniture and fixture manufacturing or repair companies.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of carpenters who construct, renovate and maintain structures of wood and other building materials and build and install interior finishing in residential, commercial and industrial buildings; and of cabinetmakers who construct and repair custom wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare schedules and other reports
- May manage the operations of their own companies
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
- cabinetmaking contractor
- carpentry contractor
- foreman/woman, finish carpenters
- foreman/woman, form builders
- foreman/woman, framers
- foreman/woman, maintenance carpenters
- supervisor, carpenters