Cable television service and maintenance technicians jobs in Canada
53 240 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 47 980 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 52 420 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 54 000 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 60 730 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program in electronics or A combination of college, correspondence or industry courses related to electronics and electrical systems and on-the-job training or Completion of a four-year cable television technician apprenticeship program is required.
- Trade certification for cable television technicians is available, but voluntary, in British Columbia and the Yukon.
Cable television service technicians install, maintain and repair cable and satellite television and Internet signal and associated equipment in homes and commercial buildings. Cable television maintenance technicians maintain and repair cable television transmission and distribution systems and associated hardware. They are employed by cable and satellite television companies.
- Communicate with subscribers and company personnel to determine work assignments
- Connect, disconnect and relocate cable outlets, install splitters, converters, decoders, satellite and pay TV equipment, and install other cable hardware and systems at subscriber's premises
- Install cable modems and software to enable Internet access at subscriber's premises
- Inspect, test and repair cable and satellite television signals and associated equipment at subscriber's premises.
- Maintain and repair main aerial and underground coaxial and fibre optic cable television transmission lines, trunking and related distribution and interconnecting systems including power supplies and amplifiers
- Inspect, monitor, test and adjust cable transmission and distribution systems
- Repair or replace faulty cables, power supplies, amplifiers and other associated transmission and distribution equipment
- Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures
- Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of work assignments.
- cable television installer
- cablevision servicer
- CATV technician
- direct broadcast satellite (DBS) technician - cable television
- installation technician, cable television
- maintenance technician, cable television