Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews jobs in Canada
74 620 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 68 830 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 74 350 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 77 350 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 76 870 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience in the occupation supervised is required.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification in a relevant trade may be required.
This unit group includes excavating, grading, paving, drilling and blasting contractors who own and operate their own business. This unit group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Crane Operators (7371), Drillers and Blasters - Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction (7372), Water Well Drillers (7373), Longshore Workers (7451), Material Handlers (7452), Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) (7521), Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators and Related Workers (7522), Railway Yard and Track Maintenance Workers (7531), and Public Works and Maintenance Labourers (7621). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate cranes and construction, paving, drilling, railway maintenance and other similar heavy equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
- excavating contractor
- foreman/woman, demolition
- foreman/woman, drilling and blasting - construction
- foreman/woman, logging road construction
- foreman/woman, railway gang
- foreman/woman, railway track maintenance
- paving contractor
- pipeline construction supervisor
- road maintenance foreman/woman
- section foreman/woman, railway
- supervisor, heavy equipment operators
- supervisor, oil field construction
- supervisor, water well drilling
- track foreman/woman - railway