Supervisors, railway transport operations jobs in Canada
81 920 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 86 810 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 78 910 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 82 780 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 84 910 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A Canadian Rail Operating Rules certificate is required.
- A certificate in accordance with the Railway Employee Qualification Standards Regulations is required.
- Several years of railway operations experience are required.
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of railway and yard locomotive engineers, railway yard workers and railway labourers. They are employed by railway transport companies.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate trains, drive locomotives in railway yards and perform other duties related to railway operations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare work reports.
- railway transport operations supervisor
- road foreman/woman, freight train
- yard foreman/woman - railway
- yardmaster - railway