Construction trades helpers and labourers jobs in Canada
42 270 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 41 360 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 40 960 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 44 900 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 43 820 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Some experience as a general construction labourer may be required for construction trade helpers.
- Some pipeline workers, such as stabbers, mandrel operators and pre-heater tenders, usually require one season of experience in oil and gas pipeline construction.
- Flagmen/women may require a traffic control certificate.
Construction trades helpers and labourers assist skilled tradespersons and perform labouring activities at construction sites, in quarries and in surface mines. They are employed by construction companies, trade and labour contractors, and surface mine and quarry operators.
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites
- Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt
- Assist tradespersons such as carpenters, bricklayers, cement finishers, roofers and glaziers in construction activities
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities
- Assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction
- Assist in drilling and blasting rock at construction sites
- Assist miners in excavating and in setting up and operating various drills and other surface mining machinery
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel
- Assist in demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants, and remove asbestos and other hazardous materials
- Oil and grease hoists and similar equipment
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
- asphalt spreader
- bricklayer helper
- carpenter helper
- concrete mixer helper
- construction helper
- construction labourer
- demolition worker
- driller helper - surface mining
- drywall sander
- glazier helper
- labourer, concrete paving
- labourer, excavation
- pipeline mandrel operator
- plumber helper
- roofer helper
- stabber - pipeline construction