Accommodation service managers jobs in Canada
51 180 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 38 860 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 44 850 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 49 060 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 65 420 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A university degree or college diploma in hotel management or other related discipline is usually required for managers employed by hotel chains or large accommodation establishments.
- Several years of experience within the accommodation industry are usually required and may substitute for formal educational requirements.
Accommodation service managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an accommodation establishment or of a department within such an establishment. They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, student residences and other accommodation establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of the department or establishment
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions
- Recruit and supervise staff, oversee training and set work schedules
- Resolve customer complaints.
- assistant manager, hotel
- bed and breakfast operator
- front desk manager - accommodation services
- guest-house operator
- hotel director
- hotel manager
- motel manager
- reservations manager
- seasonal resort manager
- ski resort manager
- tourist home operator