Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling and services jobs in Canada
122 020 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 133 980 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 113 940 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 118 760 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 141 780 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college or petroleum industry approved training courses is required.
- Extensive experience in the occupations supervised is required.
- A two-year college diploma in petroleum engineering technology may be required.
- Certificates in first aid, hydrogen sulphide awareness, blowout prevention, well control, workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS), transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) or other safety and technical subjects are required and are obtained by completing short courses.
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in drilling for oil or gas, operating service rigs, or providing oil and gas well services. They are employed by drilling and well service contracting companies and by petroleum producing companies. This unit group includes oilfield consultants who may be self-employed.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who drill for oil and gas, operate service rigs or provide oil and gas well services
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition and procure materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and safety
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
- fracturing supervisor
- multi-service operator - oil field services
- oilfield consultant
- rig manager
- well services crew supervisor