Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers jobs in Canada
33 310 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 28 310 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 31 410 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 32 500 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 55 140 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Agricultural service contractors usually require a university degree, college diploma or industry courses in agricultural studies and several years of experience related to the service offered.
- Contractors providing certain services, such as artificial insemination and pesticide application, may require training certificates and provincial licensing.
- Farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers may require a college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture or livestock husbandry.
- A course or certificate in first aid may be required.
Agricultural service contractors, who own and operate their own businesses, provide agricultural services such as livestock and poultry breeding, soil preparation, crop planting, crop spraying, cultivating or harvesting. Farm supervisors supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers. Specialized livestock workers carry out feeding, health and breeding programs on dairy, beef, sheep, poultry, hog and other livestock farms.
- Provide agricultural livestock services such as artificial insemination, spraying or shearing of livestock or disinfecting pens, barns or poultry houses
- Provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting
- Assist in the development and implementation of farm safety and bio-security procedures
- Hire and train workers
- Negotiate the terms of services to be provided
- Maintain financial and operational records
- May participate in the provision of services or in the operation of machinery and equipment.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers
- Supervise and oversee breeding and other livestock-related programs
- Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures
- Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
- Maintain quality control and production records
- May perform general farm duties.
- Formulate feeding programs
- Implement pasture or pen breeding programs
- Follow safety and bio-security procedures
- Recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- Maintain livestock performance records
- Select livestock for sale
- Train horses
- Perform general farm duties
- May supervise general farm workers.
- artificial inseminator
- cattle herdsperson
- contractor, artificial insemination service
- contractor, crop harvesting service
- crop dusting contractor
- dairy herdsperson
- farm foreman/woman
- farm supervisor
- feedlot foreman/woman
- hog operation supervisor
- horse trainer
- livestock breeding service contractor
- pork production technician
- poultry farm foreman/woman
- ranch foreman/woman
- swine herdsperson
- vegetable farm foreman/woman