Aquaculture and marine harvest labourers jobs in Canada
27 980 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 25 640 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 30 290 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 23 400 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- Shellfish harvesters require commercial fishing licences.
This occupational group includes aquaculture support workers, marine plant gatherers, shellfish diggers and other labourers in aquaculture and fishing. Aquaculture support workers are employed by public or private fish hatcheries and commercial aquatic farms. Marine plant gatherers and shellfish harvesters may be self-employed.
- Assist aquaculture technicians in the operation of fish hatcheries or other aquatic farms
- Feed aquaculture stocks, vaccinate stocks, perform culling and marking or banding techniques and report any observed irregularities in stocks
- Operate, maintain and clean pumps, filters, tanks and other aquaculture equipment and clean and maintain aquaculture enclosures
- Keep daily records of water flow and fish samples
- Grade and weigh aquaculture stocks
- Prepare aquaculture stocks for market
- May operate boats aquaculture operations.
- Rake seaweed, dulse or Irish moss from beach, rocks or shallow water and load into a cart, wagon or other receptacles
- Spread gatherings to dry and remove foreign objects
- Transport gatherings to processing plant.
- Dig clams from beds with spades, forks or other instruments, or collect oysters
- Clean, sort and transport shellfish to market.
- aquaculture support worker
- clam digger
- dulse gatherer
- fish farm helper
- fish tagger
- fry marker
- marine plant gatherer
- oyster picker
- sea farm attendant
- seaweed gatherer
- shellfish harvester