Construction managers jobs in Canada
86 910 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 79 390 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 81 620 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 86 230 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 96 150 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is usually required.
- A master's degree in project management may be required.
- Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent, are usually required.
- Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
- Professional engineering status or construction trade certification may be required by some employers.
Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- commercial construction manager
- construction manager
- construction superintendent
- general contractor
- housing construction manager
- industrial construction manager
- pipeline construction manager
- project manager, construction
- residential construction manager