Concrete, clay and stone forming operators jobs in Canada
41 090 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 36 470 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 43 950 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 44 290 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 34 810 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Experience as a helper or labourer in concrete, clay or stone products manufacturing may be required.
- Mould makers in this unit group who construct and repair wooden forms may require some carpentry or woodworking experience.
This unit group includes workers who cast and finish concrete products, operate machines to extrude, mould, press and bake clay products, and operate machines to form, cut and finish stone products. They are employed by concrete, clay and stone products manufacturing companies.
- Construct clay models and moulds by hand and with hand tools for use in casting concrete products
- Build and repair wooden forms used to mould concrete products
- Position reinforcing rods or wire mesh in moulds and fill moulds with concrete from suspended pouring buckets
- Start vibrating tables to settle concrete, or tamp concrete using electric vibrator
- Remove castings from mould with crane or forklift, and finish surfaces of castings using screed or trowel
- Cut cured concrete pipe sections with saw or chisel, and cement sections together to form odd shaped fittings.
- Set up, adjust and operate single-function machines to mix, drill, grind and cut concrete to specifications in the manufacture of concrete products
- Check products for quality control, repair flaws and perform ongoing machine adjustments and minor maintenance as necessary
- Move products using forklift, crane or hydraulic hoist
- Record manufacturing information such as quantity, size and type of goods produced.
- Set up and operate automatic machines that mix ingredients, extrude tempered clay mixture and cut extruded clay into sections to make products such as bricks, drain tiles and porcelain insulators
- Operate mechanical or hydraulic ram and hot-presses to form pottery and porcelain ware
- Prepare and mix slip and fill moulds with slip to form pottery and porcelain ware such as jugs, cups, sinks and toilet bowls
- Operate kiln to bake clay products to specified hardness.
- Operate blade or wire saws to cut blocks of stone to specified dimensions
- Operate machines to grind and polish surfaces of stone blocks, slabs or other stone products to specific shape or design and to produce smooth finish
- Operate sandblasting equipment to cut inscriptions or decorative designs in stone monuments
- Finish stone products with spray paint and by mounting plaques or installing concrete bases
- Operate stone-dressing lathe to sharpen and dress grindstones that grind logs into pulp
- Operate machine to drill holes in blocks or slabs of stone according to specifications.
- asbestos shingle presser
- brick presser operator
- clay press operator
- concrete block maker
- finisher - concrete, clay and stone products
- granite cutter
- marble cutter
- moulder, clay products
- precast concrete moulder
- precast concrete slab maker
- stone driller
- stone planer
- stonework moulder