Chemical plant machine operators jobs in Canada
48 170 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 39 700 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 45 040 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 54 470 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 51 450 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of several months to one year of informal, on-the-job training within the company is required for most mixer and blender operators.
- Completion of more than one year of formal and informal company training may be required for some operators working in pharmaceutical, explosives and agricultural chemical or in specialty chemical plants.
- Previous experience in chemical products processing as an assistant, labourer or helper may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Certification in the transportation of dangerous goods (TDG), first aid, firefighting or workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
Chemical plant machine operators monitor and operate units and machinery to blend, mix, process and package a wide range of specialty chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cleaning and toiletry products. They are primarily employed in chemical, cleaning compound, ink and adhesive industries, but may also be employed by chemical processing departments in other industries.
- Monitor meters, gauges and electronic instrumentation on one or more chemical or formulation units, such as mixers, kettles, blenders, dryers, tabletting, encapsulation, granulation and coating machines
- Measure, weigh and load chemical ingredients following formulation cards
- Start up, shut down, troubleshoot and clean equipment
- Adjust processing machines and equipment
- Monitor reaction processes and transfers of products in conformance with safety procedures
- Take samples and perform routine chemical and physical tests of products
- Record production data
- May operate equipment from a control room or from control consoles located near the production units.
- batch mixer - chemical processing
- blender - chemical processing
- capsule machine operator
- evaporator operator - chemical processing
- formulations blender operator
- glue blender
- granulator machine operator
- mixer - chemical processing
- screener - chemical processing
- soap maker