Binding and finishing machine operators jobs in Canada
36 510 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 34 040 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 37 200 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 39 260 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 29 720 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a college program in graphic arts technology or A combination of on-the-job training and specialized college, industry or other courses is usually required.
Binding and finishing machine operators set up, operate or oversee the operation of machines, equipment or computerized units that bind and finish printed material. Workers who perform finishing operations in the paper, carton and packaging industries, as well as those who encode and stamp plastic cards, are included in this unit group. They are employed by binderies, commercial printing companies, newspapers, magazines, and other publishing companies, and establishments in both the public and private sectors that have in-house printing, binding and finishing departments.
- Set up and operate specialized equipment and machines that cut, fold, gather and bind or finish brochures, pamphlets, business forms, magazines, books and other printed material
- Set up and operate specialized equipment and machines that die cut, emboss, imprint, laminate, heat stamp and perform other finishing operations on printed material
- Perform pre-production runs of binding or finishing jobs to verify output and to ensure that product specifications are met
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic equipment and machines to bind or finish print material according to specifications
- Pack, weigh and stack bound and finished products on pallet for shipment
- May repair and rebind damaged or worn books.
- binder - printing
- binder and finisher
- bindery operator
- bookbinder, machine
- bookbinding machine operator
- Cerlox binder operator
- cutter operator - printing
- finishing machine operator - printing
- foil stamper - printing
- gathering machine set-up operator - printing
- gold leaf stamper
- laminating machine operator
- perforator operator - printing
- stitcher operator - printing