Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors jobs in Canada
59 410 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 52 390 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 56 570 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 62 940 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 52 040 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college or other program in aviation or aeronautical technology, with emphasis in aircraft manufacturing, may be required.
- Aircraft assemblers receive several months of on-the-job and classroom training.
- Aircraft assembly inspectors require experience as an aircraft assembler.
Aircraft assemblers assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to manufacture fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft or aircraft subassemblies. Aircraft assembly inspectors inspect aircraft assemblies for adherence to engineering specifications. They are employed by aircraft and aircraft subassembly manufacturers.
- Read and interpret aircraft assembly diagrams
- Assemble and fit pre-fabricated parts to form subassemblies, working at benches or directly on an aircraft structure
- Assemble, fit and install pre-fabricated parts and subassemblies such as aircraft skins, flight controls, rigging, hydraulics and other mechanical systems.
- Inspect aircraft assemblies, using measuring and testing equipment, for adherence to engineering specifications
- Inspect assemblies for alignment, symmetry, dimensions, fit and quality of workmanship
- Complete detailed inspection documentation.
- aircraft assembler
- aircraft inspector, assembly
- airframe assembler
- bench and structural assembler
- bench fitter mechanic - aircraft assembly
- rigger - aircraft assembly
- wing tank mechanic - aircraft assembly