Administrative officers jobs in Canada
52 870 $
This salary is an average estimate between all available diplomas degrees related to this career. Click here to get an overview of salary depending of diploma.
No certificate, diploma or degree : 47 650 $
High school diploma or equivalent : 49 330 $
Postsecondary certificate or diploma below bachelor level : 49 610 $
University certificate, diploma or degree at bachelor level or above : 63 520 $
The career's stability is based on the employment projection for that working area for the year 2022.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree or college diploma in business or public administration may be required.
- Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration is usually required.
- Project management certification may be required by some employers.
Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this group.
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- May supervise records management technicians and related staff.
- access to information and privacy officer
- administrative officer
- administrative services co-ordinator
- co-ordinator, office services
- forms management officer
- liaison officer
- office administrator
- office manager
- planning officer
- records analyst - access to information
- surplus assets officer
- university admissions officer